Watering and soil
Watering: like many other cacti, also Rebutie do not need many waterings, it is good to wait for the soil to be completely dry between one watering and the other; in winter it is advisable to suspend watering altogether.
Soil: four parts of universal soil, mixed with three openings of leaf soil and two parts of sand.
- A genus that includes some cacti from South America. They are usually globular in appearance and tend to produce numerous suckers; the stem is bright green, with numerous ribs;…
- The genus Rebutia counts about sixty species of cacti, native to South America; in this genus, in the last decades, other genera have been merged, such as Sulcorebutia, Medieval, and African…
- In winter, indoor and outdoor plants undergo physiological changes to adapt to climate change.
In fact, as we well know, the plants to grow and develop …
- In winter, indoor and outdoor plants undergo physiological changes to adapt to climate change and face many adversities. In fact, as we all know…
Rebutia albiflora: More tips
Multiplication: by sowing: sow in spring and store the seeds at a temperature of about 21 ° C.
It often happens that at the base of the mother plant new seedlings are formed by seed, which we can repot as soon as they reach a sufficient size to be able to handle them.
Parasites and Diseases: if too abundantly irrigated, Rebutia is easily affected by root rot; the parasites most often we have to be careful with are aphids and cochineals.
R . aureiflora: it comes from Argentina and reaches 5 cm in height and diameter. Cespitose plant, with cylindrical and spherical stems, dark green, suffused with red. Flowers are yellow-gold.
R. kupperiana: from Bolivia, caespitose, with green-red stems; red flowers.
R. Spegazziniana: from Argentina; cespitose, with dark red flowers.
- The genus Rebutia counts about sixty species of cacti, native to South America; in this genus, in the
visits : rebutia