They prefer luminous positions, even sunny for a few hours a day; in spring and summer they can be taken outdoors, but during the cold season they need temperatures above 10°C, so they can be admitted in a temperate greenhouse or at home.
- globular cacti, columnar with age, native to the Argentine side of the Andes. The stem is grey-green, sometimes tending to yellowish, with 15-20 ribs; the areoles are glabrous at the base, the stem is greenish-grey, sometimes yellowish, with…
- Columnar cacti originating in Brazil and South America.
They have fairly thin stems, little branching, erect, bright green in colour, sometimes bluish, and carry numerous light-coloured thorns….
- are part of this genus some columnar cacti, originating in South America, also present in areas of high altitude. They have erect stems, tall in nature even 6-7 m, dark green or dark green in colour, with a…
- If I keep cactus-type succulents inside in summer, will they die in the place where I kept apartment succulents in winter?
There is no direct light, but discreet lighting. Thank you…
From March to October, water regularly, when the soil is dry; during the cold season it water sporadically, specimens grown at 10-12 ° C can also be left with completely dry soil until spring. During the growing season, provide fertiliser for succulent plants, every 15-20 days, mixed with the water of the watering.
can be reproduced by division of the heads in spring or by leaf cutting. A young leaf is removed by cutting it with a knife, the wound is left to dry for one day in a warm environment, then the cutting is placed in a pot filled with a compound for paper. When new leaves sprout, the plant can be repotted.
it is useful to set up a very good drainage. Universal potting soil with a little sand is used.
Pests and diseases
the leaves are attacked by cochineals. A fungus causes dryness, which results in dry brown spots, which can cause the fall of the leaves: it is necessary to burn all the leaves affected. The rottenness of the base affects the plants grown in cold and wet conditions.
Adromischus cooperii: Varietà
A . Coopers with small grey-green leaves spotted of purple, with flattened and wavy margin. The flowers are light green purple in the centre. The other variety is the
Stem: with time it becomes swollen; it has a wallpapering habit and does not exceed ten centimetres in height.
The leaves are grey-green, with a waxy end and purple stained. They have a heart shape and wavy edge.
The flowers are white or purple.
- My purple fat plant about 5 months old, does not grow even a little bit and loses leaves! That’s why I give her more water than the sun.
visits : adromischus