As with all plants, the red maple bonsai also does not stand the excess water, which could cause root rot. Watering depends on many factors: the substrate, climatic conditions, drainage, location of the pot. But we can extrapolate some general indications to always keep in mind for the care of your plant: first of all before watering the Bonsai Maple check if the soil is moist. Only give the soil more water when it is about to dry. The use of moisture detectors to guide you is useful.
Also use a watering can with small holes for better adjustment. If you exceed the watering limit, add a saucer with pellets. The red maple bonsai does not need nebulisation, it does not need excessive humidity. During the winter/autumn season, water in the early hours of the morning. Instead during the summer do it in the evening.
The bonsai red maple is an elegant and resistant plant that with a few, essential, cares will be able to keep to the full of its beauty. It should be placed in a sunny place inside the apartment, but with some precautions. In summer, in fact, it should not be exposed directly to sunlight, but placed in a shady place, because the strong brightness causes burns to the Bonsai Maple red.
When the sun is less strong, in spring, the bonsai can be exposed in a sunny place, so that there is an optimal vegetative recovery. During the hottest season, to avoid drying, it is possible to place an underpot of water mixed with gravel. Very important for the red maple is the pruning, a fundamental operation for all bonsai. It should be done only during the period of complete inactivity of the bonsai: that is, from November to early February. Each cut must be covered with a healing paste.
- Hello I have a red maple (tree) for 3 years, which has for some time on a part of the trunk has a kind of crack, burrowing and flaking on that point also the vegetation is scarce, I’m afraid that the tree is…
- In our country, a red maple can reach a maximum height of eleven meters, provided, of course, to be healthy and strong. Let’s point out right from the start that a specimen still young will need to be able to grow…
- Hello I received a bonsai as a gift and I would like to know more specific news than what I read on your site, which I consider very very useful: I can turn to you or to the expert in sales.
- SECONDO VOI E’ POSSIBILE CREARE DELLE TALEE DA UN’ALTRO BONSAI ?…
The bonsai red maple it must be fertilised exclusively during the period of vegetative recovery: from March to September, excluding July and August, and the months of flowering. The interval of fertilization will be about 15 – 20 days: we will use a slow release fertilizer, specific for bonsai, which will be mixed with water for watering and administered in this way to the plant.
For the bonsai is very important fertilization, because due to its small size, the substrate does not provide all the necessary nutrients. It is preferable to use special fertilizers for deciduous bonsai, easily available on the market. In spring the fertilization will be light, however, after the summer, must be more abundant, to make up for the need for nutrients in the winter months and when the red maple bonsai will have to flourish again.
A further fertilization is appropriate after repotting, which should be carried out every two years in the spring.
Red Maple Bonsai: Diseases
Red maple bonsai should not be a big problem if grown properly. However, it can be attacked by animal parasites: aphids, cochineals, red spider mite (Tetranichus urticae), etc. … You can use pine oil to clean the plant. Manually it will be administered to all the leaves, and at a later time you will remove the whitish incrustations with a toothbrush.
But if it should not be enough oil, on the market you can buy excellent chemical or biological insecticides, to be diluted in the water of watering and administer regularly to bonsai maple red. During the flowering period should not be used at all. The red maple bonsai – during the autumn period – may have white mallow or manna or powdery mildew (scientific name: Microsphaera alphitoides).
It is a fungus that can cause many problems to your bonsai: it is characterized by the discoloration of the leaves, which will have a whitish patina, and will deform them visibly. It also sticks to the shoots of your red maple bonsai. To treat white malt you must first provide a specific fungicide available on the market, and sulfur. It is also useful to place the bonsai in a well-lit and ventilated place.
Watch the Video
- Bonsai is a type of cultivation of stem plants, born many centuries ago in China and then exported and for
visit : cure bonsai
- The name Acer comes from the Latin and means sour, hard, tenacious. It is a genus that includes more than one hundred species coming from
to visit : maple red price
- The Maple Bonsai is a shrub belonging to the family of Aceraceae, there are several species and are different from each other.
visits : bonsai maple
- good morning, listen I would like to have information about a maple that I transplanted in a pot diameter of 50 cm, co
Visit : red maple vase