The Filodendri melanocrysum can be grown in pots of 15-30 cm (depending on the size of the plant), using a peat-based compound. The plant needs a lot of light, but must stay away from direct sunlight. In winter the ideal temperature is about 15 degrees, but the philodendron withstands even 5 ° C.
We recommend watering the philodendron melanocrysum abundantly from April to October and in moderation throughout the rest of the year. However, you should never let the compost dry, but taking care not to rot the roots (in the apartment should place the pots in trays filled with gravel, which should always be moist). In the apartment you have to repot every two years, and in the years when you do not do this, it is good to give from May to September a liquid fertilizer every 15 days.
- Apartment plant very widespread in Europe, there are dozens and dozens of species, all of them originating in South America. In cultivation in the apartment we find mainly the species of the …
- Good morning My name is VIVIANA I’ve got a few plants of FILODENDRO which I keep at home during the winter, in a well-lit room, from the end of May until the beginning of October, I bring to you…
- I’ve had a philodendron for 15 years.
Every 2 years or so we prune it and it’s fine. Now he’s been making flowers (I didn’t know what he was doing with it) and he’s always been in the apartment. I would like to know how long ago the flowers were in the apartment….
- The Philodendron is known as the “tree friendly” plant because it loves to grow and climb trees in tropical forests. It is, in fact, native to South America, even if it is very…
In May or June, take apical cuttings, 10-15 cm long, from the climbing plants of melanocrysum philodendron and plant them individually in a humid environment at a temperature of about 20°C.
Alternatively, in May, portions of stems made up of 1, 2 or 3 knots can be taken and rooted like apical cuttings.
Non-climbing species, on the contrary, multiply by seed or by division of the tufts. Sowing takes place in April, at a temperature of about 25° C; then the plants are repicked in trays and transplanted afterwards in pots of about 8 cm, using a compost based on peat.
In May or June, the apex of the plant is removed to divide it up. After one year, once the lateral shoots have developed, the stem is cut into many portions, each with a bud. They are then planted in the compound already described and are kept at a temperature of about 25 ° C until the plants have not taken root well.
Originally from Colombia, it reaches a height of two metres. It is a climbing plant that is characterized by hanging leaves, dark green in color, with ivory veins, and long up to 60 cm.
Originally from Brazil, it is a nonclimbing species up to one meter high. It has deep green leaves and deeply incised, which are formed by a very short stem and are carried by long petioles. The adult leaves are formed after about two years and are about 60 cm long and 45 cm wide.
Philodendron – Philodendron melanocrysum: Philodendron erubescens Red Emerald
Native to Colombia, it is a vigorous climbing plant, with aerial roots at each node. It has glossy pink leaves as soon as they are formed, then dark green and about 25 cm long. The stems and petioles are purple.
- Apartment plant very widespread in Europe, there are dozens and dozens of species, all of them originating in the Americas
visits : philodendron