To obtain new examples of this type of plant you can proceed with the division of the shoots; leave the basal shoots attached to the plant until they have rooted. In April they can be detached from the mother plant and repotted using a mixture of sand, soil and bark.
New plants usually start to flower after a period of one to three years.
It is also possible to proceed with the multiplication by seed, placing the seeds in a compound formed by peat and a part of sand; the containers are to be placed in a protected environment with a temperature of about 25 °C. After about three months, when the small plants have acquired the necessary strength, they can be transplanted.
- Hi. They gave me in November the flower Guzmania lingulata, green sheets and orange top, but being the period of the ignition heating the flower and dead, how should I behave in order to make it more comfortable?
- To the genus aechmea belong about fifty species of epiphytic plants, evergreen, widespread in the rainforests of South America, where they develop on the trunk of the trees, to the biforcaz…
- The genus includes 500 species of herbaceous plants, terrestrial or epiphytic, evergreen perennials, mostly originating from the southern United States to South America.the plants are covered by hair ar…
- a genus with about thirty species of evergreen perennial plants originating in Brazil. They are formed by dense, flattened rosettes of ribbon-like leaves, fleshy, rigid, arched, with a legendary edge and a…
Pests and diseases
This plant is often affected by the red spider mite and cochineal. To eliminate these parasites, if the problem is limited, it is possible to intervene manually with the use of a cloth with alcohol, or washing the plant with water and neutral soap, which should be eliminated carefully. The leaves of the plant can present problems also because of the excessive irradiation, presenting a faded color, in case of poor light, however, the leaves may instead darken.
In case of excessive watering, the plant will show radical rottenness that could be very serious.
Most common species
native to Puerto Rico, has an erect floral stem, up to about 40 cm tall, with oval bracts
dark red. The flowers are about 5 cm long and light yellow in colour.
The Lingulata variety grows spontaneously in the land belt from the West Indies to Brazil.
The G. Lingulata is characterized by leaves about 40 cm long and 3 cm wide. The flowers are about 4 cm long and almost hidden by the red bracts.
This species blooms only once during its three years of life, the shoots that develop
at the base can be invaded and will bloom in the following season.
Originally from Central America, Brazil and the prosperous south. About 40 cm high, it has
narrow, arched leaves, forming a rosette of about 10 cm. The yellow flowers just come out of the
bracts and are gathered in a spike about 40 cm long.
Guzmania lingulata: Guzmania music
Originally from Panama and Colombia, it is characterized by its
pink bracts that cover the
floral stems. The flowers are yellow and about 5 cm long.
Among the other most common species we remember:
Guzmania won, Guzmania zahnii, and Guzmania sanguinea.
- Hi. They gave me in November the flower Guzmania lingulata, green sheets and orange top, but being the p
visits : guzmania
- The Guzmania is a plant native to Central and South America and the Antilles, in fact it shows the typical appearance of
Visit : plant with red flower